The Olympic Club Challenge
This is where it gets serious, folks. The Olympic Club has picked a racefight with local running clubs. Why? Why not. In the third-annual Olympic Club Challenge, Bay Area running clubs will compete against each other in The Giant Race Half Marathon, with the fastest club winning a Field Visit before a Giants baseball game and an engraved Louisville Slugger baseball bat.
2013 Champion: West Valley Track Club
2012 Champion: The Olympic Club
- At least five runners are required register for the Half Marathon to represent each club.
- The times of the five fastest runners for each club will be added to form an aggregate team finish time.
- Teams may be composed of any combination of male and female runners.
- For each woman finishing in a club’s top five, that team receives a ten minute deduction from their aggregate finish time.
- The team with the fastest aggregate time (once any deductions for top female finishes have been applied) wins the Olympic Club Challenge.
The Olympic Club Challenge Champion will receive:
- A pre-game Field Visit and tickets to a Giants game for the five fastest finishers of the winning club team, hosted by the Olympic Club team.
- An engraved Louisville Slugger baseball bat noting the accomplishment of the winning team.
Register for the half marathon as normal, but make sure to include your club name in the Olympic Club Challenge section of the registration process. In addition, send us a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Sarah Keyston), just so we know to look out for your team.